attractions at your fingertips
Our three houses: SOJKA, LIPTAK and the “Brick House” are located in the picturesque village of Białka Tatrzańska, which lies on the banks of southern Poland’s River Białka in the foothills of the Tatra mountains.
We have created a welcoming and pleasant atmosphere in the house to give visitors a taste of the local Highlander culture and cuisine. Outside on display in the open-air museum are items of old household equipment and tools to remind people of the hard lives people lived in the region in the past. In three adjacent buildings, we offer double rooms as well as rooms for three and four people, with bathrooms, TV and Internet access. We provide half-board, which includes breakfast and dinner.
The houses are situated at a certain distance from the road across the village, on a spacious green area that stretches to the riverbank, yet are easy to access at all times of the year.
Trips to the mountains and Tatra trails are extraordinary. The trip plan should not lack this activity. The location of the Sojka Family Home, its interiors inspired by culture and highland tradition shaped in the shadow of these monumental natural wonders will surely appeal to all lovers of wandering.
at every step
wonders of nature
The surrounding forests are a great place to look not only for peace and quiet. In late summer and autumn, they abound in various kinds of mushrooms and blueberries.
For the convenience of families with children and supporters of less demanding wanderings, walking routes leading through places with exceptional landscape values have been marked out in our town.
A region full of attractions
The village of Białka Tatrzańska is the largest ski centre next to the Tatra Mountains.Ski slopes are rather mild, for recreational skiing by intermediate skiers.There are several ski slopes, platter and chair-lifts, on well maintained and lit slopes, with infrastructure of ski schools, regional inns, and large free car parks.In the summer, vast fields, hills and the Białka River offer relaxation in countryside peace and quiet, particularly for families with kids, and for organised groups.
In the village, there is Terma-Bania, one of the most state-of-the-art thermal centres in Europe, with indoor and outdoor pools.
pw. Świętych Apostołów Szymona i Judy
Consecrated in 1765. Built on the initiative of priest. Marcin Drużback. Oriented temple (the presbytery faces east, towards Jerusalem). Wooden construction with an adjacent brick sacristy. It consists of a main nave, three-sided presbytery and a tower. 3 altars: the main, Rococo-Classicist (about 1780); left, early Baroque, recognized by A. Skorupa as one of the most valuable movable monuments in Podhale; right, baroque. The sculptures of four angels are attributed to Wojciech Kułach “Wawrzenówka”, a well-known folk artist from Gliczarów, who lived in the years 1812-1897. The church entered in the list of historic buildings in 1926.